Introduction to MPO Assemblies
Other Connector Combinations available
Short Boots Available
Custom Labeling Available
Fiberdyne Labs, Inc has provided detailed drawings including pinouts/polarity and easily referenced configurations as a guide.
Pin designation is the basis for determining polarity in 10G, 40G, 100G and singlemode MPO assemblies. The terminology used to determine pin designation is a function of transfer rates in OM3/OM4 multimode applications:
- - 10G is designated as Type A, Type B, Type C or Type D
- - 40G is designated as Method A or Method B
- - 100G is designated as Option A, Option B or Option C.
- - Singlemode can be any of the pin configurations as listed above: Type A, Type B, Type C, Type D, Method A, Method B, Option A, Option B and Option C depending on your system’s requirement.
- - Universal Assemblies. (Can be used for any assembly configurations.)
Associated with each MPO assembly is a compatible MPO cassette which will save you time and money. Specialty conversion cable drawings are also available to assist in incorporating new MPO products into existing MPO structures.
Best practice is to follow through the entire system with all the same fiber and the correct wiring characteristics. For example, an MPO 10G, OM3, Type B, low loss trunk cable should be connected to an OM3 MPO low loss cassette wired to extend the desired polarity into the system and use patchcord assemblies which are built with OM3 fiber for all connections.
Compatible with Arista Networks Inc. 7500E Series MXP